Tottenham looking to beat Everton to young Championship prodigy – report

Tottenham are looking to sign another Moussa Dembele from Fulham and will look to beat off competition from Everton for the 19-year-old striker, according to the Evening Standard.

Dembele joined Fulham in 2012, just weeks before the current Spurs midfielder with the same name left Craven Cottage for White Hart Lane in a £15 million deal.

A move to Spurs would see the two Dembele’s confuse fans across the nation once again and the young Frenchman could be available on a free transfer come the summer.

Embed from Getty Images

His current contract expires at the end of June and although Fulham are confident he will pen a new four-year deal to stay in West London, interest from the likes of Tottenham, Everton and Dutch side Feyenoord could tempt Dembele away.

He has scored seven goals with two assists in 13 Championship starts for Fulham this campaign and currently has five goals in his last five outings.

The Paris Saint-Germain academy product has represented France at youth levels from the U16’s up to the U20 squad and is a player who looks set for a bright future.

Would Moussa Dembele be a good signing for Tottenham?

Advertisements

Chris Wondolowski has “relished great experience” with Fulham

San Jose Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski has been in London a little longer than the rest of the USA squad ahead of their friendly with Colombia tonight because he’s been training with Championship side Fulham FC.

The 31-year-old flew to England early as San Jose’s season ended earlier than many teams and he has enjoyed the experience with the west-London outfit.

“Yeah, I have been here for a week and a half or so and it’s been fun. I’ve really enjoyed it,” he said on Thursday.

“I need to get some work in and get sharp. I talked to Jurgen [Klinsmann], and we set this up. It’s been a great experience, something that I relish.”

‘Wondo’ has been linked with moves to Europe in the past but admits that his focus is solely on the USMNT fixture against Colombia at Craven Cottage, despite rumblings that he could be set to join Fulham on loan.

Embed from Getty Images

“That’s something for the future,” he said. “That’s not really where my head is right now. I’m taking this one day at a time; my head is all about playing for the US.

“I’m really grateful to Jurgen for calling me up. Obviously it’s not the same stage as the World Cup, but any time you get this opportunity, you have to be grateful for it.

“London’s a great city, and that’s why it’s going to be such a special experience to play here.”

The Quakes striker had a double digit goal tally for the fifth successive season despite San Jose’s struggles in MLS this year, and he will be looking to net his tenth international goal in the upcoming games.

Klinsmann has named a host of young attackers in his squad for the friendlies against Colombia and Ireland but Wondolowski will hope to get the nod as he has only played 14 minutes for the USA since the World Cup.

A move to Fulham on loan could be on the cards, but the prolific forward is expected back at San Jose for the 2015 season, as General manager John Doyle recently confirmed.

“I can tell you one thing for sure; Chris Wondolowski will be coming back to San Jose [in 2015],” Doyle said.

Would a loan spell at Fulham be a good move for Wondolowski?

Premier League trio set to battle for Clint Dempsey loan deal

Three Premier League clubs are reportedly interested in bringing Seattle Sounders attacker Clint Dempsey back to England for a short-term loan deal.

The 31-year-old joined Fulham for a couple of months in the MLS offseason last year, and could be set for a similar move this year, with Aston Villa, Stoke and Queens Park Rangers all keen, according to the Daily Mirror.

Dempsey has been excellent for the Sounders this season, scoring 15 goals and adding 10 assists to help the side finish as the best side through the regular season.

Seattle lifted the MLS Supporters’ Shield for the first time in their history on Saturday night, and will need Dempsey to help them if they are to clinch the MLS Cup too.

Embed from Getty Images

The USMNT star could then return to England after Christmas for a short spell in the Premier League, and his options would appear to be open.

He has American teammates at both Aston Villa and Stoke City, so may look there, but he could also return to London with QPR, to try and help Harry Redknapp’s side avoid relegation.

The former Spurs forward has had a long season, and alternatively may decide to have a rest ahead of the 2015 MLS season.

Should Dempsey return to the Premier League once again – or does he need to rest?

Is Matt Besler set to leave MLS for England?

Matt Besler could be set to trade life at Sporting Park for football in England after an eye catching performance in Brazil at the 2014 World Cup.

Appearing on American radio station Sports Radio 810, Sporting Kansas City centre half Matt Besler revealed that English Championship side Fulham and English Premier League club Sunderland have submitted bids for defender.

Besler himself stated: “I know Fulham has offered to Kansas City and I know that Sunderland put in an offer or are putting in an offer.”

The latter have moved swiftly to deny reports of making a move for the USA native, though Fulham has been known for being the home of many American players throughout their Premier League time, until they were relegated at the end of the 2013-2014 season, and The Cottagers could be set to test Sporting Kansas City’s resolve.

Players like USA captain Clint Dempsey, Chivas USA defender Carlos Bocanegra, DC United striker Eddie Johnson and former USA striker Brian Mcbride have graced the turf at Craven Cottage in recent years.

Embed from Getty Images

Rumours to Fulham were fuelled when Besler was photographed with Fulham owner Shad Kahn during the US training camp ahead of their World Cup warmup match against Nigeria. Fulham owner Kahn may have been trying to entice him to join the West London-based club.

Fulham are looking to replace veteran defender Brede Hangeland, who was released from his contract last month and Besler could fit the bill and potentially partner Fernando Amorebieta as they look for an immediate return to the English Premier League.

If Sporting were to cash in on the player they could demand a $5 or $6 million fee, similar to what they got for Eddie Johnson when he joined Fulham in 2008. But with his contract running out in 2015, interested clubs could wait until he becomes a free-agent.

Besler’s potential departure could lead to other MLS stars moving across the pond with Deandre Yedlin, Real Salt Lake’s Kyle Beckerman and Costa Rica and Columbus Crew centre back Giancarlo Gonzalez – who also had a fantastic World Cup, all linked with moves to England and the rest of Europe.

Will Matt Besler remain with Sporting Kansas City?