Vote: Who do you want to see in the 2017 MLS All-Star starting XI against Real Madrid?

The 2017 MLS All-Star game is rapidly approaching. The best of MLS will take on La Liga and Champions League winners Real Madrid at Soldier Field in Chicago on Wednesday night (8:30 ET/01:30 BST). But who do you want to see in the 2017 MLS All-Star starting XI?

Real Madrid are the first Spanish team to play in the MLS All-Star game. Their squad is graced with world class talent. The likes of Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Toni Kroos, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Luka Modric and Isco all set to play on Wednesday night.

The All-Stars have long-time European stars such as Bastian Schweinsteiger. US national team stars such as Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore. And emerging MLS talents in Kellyn Acosta and Miguel Almiron.

But who do you want to see in the 2017 MLS All-Star starting XI? Vote below now, or use this link.

Advertisements

Manchester United star confirms he’s set to leave with MLS a possibility

Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez is set to leave the club this summer after he returned from his loan spell with La Liga giants Real Madrid this week, according to Mexican media outlet Record.

The 26-year-old’s agent has confirmed that Hernandez has a whole host of tempting offers on the table, one of which includes a Major League Soccer club in the USA.

“I can say that we have offers between six or seven high-level clubs that make us doubt where to go. They are very good options,” said Hernandez’s representative.

“We are happy because there are clubs in Spain, Italy, Germany, England and the United States who want Javier.”

Embed from Getty Images

The United striker has already previously been linked with a move to MLS club Orlando City and the comments from his representative only seem to back-up the rumours.

The Mexican’s agent added that clubs would have wait until there is a “formal response from Real Madrid or Manchester United” before a decision can be made.

It has been officially confirmed that Hernandez has left Real Madrid as his loan contract has expired and they won’t be renewing the deal, so he’s now back with United and it’s a waiting game as he decides on his next move.

Hernandez scored nine goals in 33 appearances in all competitions for Madrid this season and also scored 59 goals in 154 appearances during his five years at United.

Would a move to MLS suit Javier Hernandez?

Atletico Madrid star aspires to be like Liverpool legend and LA Galaxy DP

Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke has revealed that he would like to replicate the legacy of departing Liverpool legend and new LA Galaxy Designated Player Steven Gerrard.

“I have a contract with Atletico, I want to accomplish things and I am happy here. Of course I’d like to be Atleti’s Gerrard,” Koke told FourFourTwo magazine.

The 23-year-old has scored two goals and made ten assists in La Liga this season and although he has been linked with moves to Manchester United and Chelsea in the last few months, it looks like he is keen to stay at the Vicente Calderon for as long as possible.

Koke began his youth career with Atletico back in 2000 at the age of eight and has been in the Spanish capital ever since. He broke into the first-team in 2009 when he was 17-years-old and has been a regular in midfield for the last six years.

Embed from Getty Images

The Spaniard’s career so far follows a similar pattern to that of Gerrard’s – the Englishman began his youth career with Liverpool in 1987 at the age of seven before bursting on to the first-team scene in 1998 as an 18-year-old.

Gerrard will arrive at LA Galaxy at some point in July and will look to improve the performances of his new side who are currently struggling with just three wins (D5, L4) from their opening 12 gamesand are seventh out of ten in the Western Conference.

The 34-year-old will play his last Premier League game for Liverpool on Sunday away at Stoke City before he prepares for his MLS adventure with a short summer break.

Can Koke replicate Steven Gerrard’s Liverpool achievements at Atletico Madrid? And will Gerrard be a success at LA Galaxy?

Arsenal dealt HUGE blow as target eyes Real Madrid move

Arsenal have been dealt a huge blow in their pursuit of Petr Cech as he is ready to join Real Madrid, according to The Sun.

Madrid have been heavily tipped to secure the signing of Manchester United shot stopper, David De Gea, but if the Spaniard snubs Los Blancos, Cech is willing to step in.

The Chelsea ‘keeper is unhappy with playing second fiddle to Thibaut Courtois and does not want another season on the sidelines.

Embed from Getty Images

Jose Mourinho does not want to lose his number two, who has performed as good as ever in the games he has been called upon in the Premier League this season, with five clean sheets in six games.

Cech would be considerably cheaper than De Gea, with talk of any transfer for the Spaniard costing upward of £30 million.

Chelsea are keen for Cech to stay but have not ruled out his departure, although Mourinho doesn’t want him to move to any of their Premier League rivals.

Cech is rated at £10.5 million by transfermarkt.co.uk and Chelsea risk losing the Czech Republic international on a free next summer when his contract expires if they do not sell him in the coming months.

Will Petr Cech leave Chelsea this summer? Do Arsenal have any chance of signing him?

United handed boost as £80m superstar ‘keen on move’

Manchester United‘s pursuit of Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale has moved a step closer as they prepare a sensational £80 million offer, according to The Express.

Bale has once again come under criticism after his performance last night as Madrid crashed out of the Champions League in their semi-final clash with Juventus.

According to Express Sport, a close family member has said Bale likes the idea of linking up with Louis Van Gaal and a move back to England.

The former Tottenham Hotspur star has found playing for Los Blancos cut-throat business and he has been criticised for most of the season by fans and Spanish media alike for below-par performances. This comes just one season on from Bale and Madrid’s La Decima heroics in the Champions League final of 2014.

Embed from Getty Images

The criticism seems harsh on Bale, who has taken the brunt of Madrid’s poor form. He has netted 13 league goals but it is the chances he has missed which have caused the uproar. His shot accuracy is just 46%, according to Squawka.

If a move goes through it will be one of the most sensational transfer sagas of all-time, with Madrid set to recoup almost the full amount they spent when breaking the world-record transfer fee just two seasons ago, when Bale joined from Spurs.

Will Gareth Bale leave Real Madrid this summer and is he being forced out the club? Should United spend £80 million on him?

Manchester United given transfer scare as superstar travels to Madrid

Manchester United fans will be worried by the fact that goalkeeper David De Gea has flown home to Spain after being given time off by Louis Van Gaal.

De Gea flew to Madrid on Monday night in a decision likely to be based on seeing his family, though rumours of a move to Los Blancos will only pick back up because of it.

The 24-year-old shot-stopper has been in subliminal form this term and has been United’s Player of the Season. But he has yet to pen a new deal, with just one year left on his current contract, and Real Madrid are circling.

Embed from Getty Images

The Spanish giants want De Gea to come in as the long-term replacement for Iker Casillas and although he has remained quiet on the issue, the United star is believed to be keen on the idea of a return to his homeland.

His future will be decided this summer as United will have to sell if he does not sign a new contract and a trip to Madrid before the season has even ended will do little to quash rumours that he on the way out of Old Trafford.

Will David De Gea still be a Manchester United player next season?

Manchester United star agrees to join Real Madrid – report

Manchester United goalkeeper, David De Gea, has verbally agreed to join Real Madrid and only an agreement between the clubs is lacking, according to the Mirror.

De Gea, arguably United’s best player this season, has been nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award and is known to be on Real Madrid’s radar.

The United goalkeeper has reportedly agreed to join the Spanish giants but an agreement between the clubs has yet to be confirmed.

Spanish journalist, Josep Pedrerol, has told television channel La Sexta that De Gea “has said yes to United” and just a formal agreement between the clubs is now needed – something that will be tougher than it sounds.

Embed from Getty Images

De Gea has long been reported as a replacement for Madrid legend, Iker Casillas, and is expected to be his replacement in the Spanish national side too.

The 24-year-old shot-stopper will be in action on Saturday afternoon against league leaders Chelsea and he is expected to be busy once again as the Red Devils look to extend their winning streak to seven.

Louis Van Gaal will not want to lose his star player this summer but if the Spaniard wants to move on to Madrid, he will be hard pushed to find an equal replacement.

Will David De Gea make the move to Real Madrid this summer? Should he stay with Manchester United?

Transfer BLOW for United, Chelsea and Arsenal as young Belgian star set for Atletico

One of Europe’s brightest young talents, Youri Tielemans, looks to have snubbed interest from the Premier League to join Liga BBVA side Atletico Madrid, according to Spanish publication AS.

The 17-year-old Anderlecht midfielder is viewed as one of the best young players in world football and has been scouted by Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City.

The Blues were watching Tielemans just last month but Jose Mourinho looks to have been beaten by Atletico Madrid to the signing of the youngster.

According to AS, the Belgium Under-21 star has agreed to join Diego Simeone at Atletico from next season as “representatives from the Spanish capital club held a meeting with emissaries from Anderlecht, including their managing director, and they established the basis of an agreement.”

Embed from Getty Images

Tielemans has just over a year remaining on his current deal with Anderlecht, with the Belgian club keen to tie him down to a new five-year deal, but the 2014 Belgian Talent of the Year now looks set to leave after being watched by some of the world’s biggest clubs for the past two years.

Tielemans made his Champions League debut at the age of 16 in October 2013 – becoming the youngest Belgian to play in Europe’s elite competition.

He has made 41 appearances in all competitions for Anderlecht this season, scoring five goals with five assists.

Atletico Madrid are keen to bolster their midfield ahead of next season and the capture of Tielemans will be a signing that will excite supporters as the young star is tipped for great things.

Will Atletico Madrid be a good destination for Youri TIelemans? Or would a move to the Premier League have suited him better?

Real Madrid CONFIRM interest in Liverpool star

Real Madrid legend and B-team coach Zinedine Zidane has confirmed that the Spanish giants are watching Raheem Sterling‘s contract situation at Liverpool with interest ahead of a possible move this summer.

The England international has turned down a £100,000-a-week deal with the Reds and talks will not resume until the summer – by which point Sterling will know if he can play Champions League football at Anfield next season.

If the Reds fail to finish in the top four, it is looking increasingly likely that Sterling will depart with Chelsea, Manchester United and Bayern Munich all linked.

Embed from Getty Images

But it’s Madrid that could be the most attractive option for the 20-year-old attacker and Zidane has labelled Sterling as “one of the best young talents in the world”.

“We know who Raheem Sterling is, and of course we are monitoring him as a player,” Zidane is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.”

“There are very few players in the world who can improve the Real Madrid squad, so it is going to make sense we monitor the progress of the best young players in the world.”

Madrid usually get what they want when it comes to signing star names, and Zidane went on to mention that by comparing interest in Sterling to that which saw Gareth Bale, Isco and Raphael Varane all sign for Los Blancos.

Embed from Getty Images

“We monitored Bale for over a year, the same with Isco and also Varane.

“We monitor many of the best young players in Europe, then if we feel they have something to offer Real Madrid we will contact their club and try and make the next step.”

Brendan Rodgers will be desperate to try and keep his squad together ahead of next season but has admitted that it will be difficult to attract big names to Anfield without Champions League qualification.

If you can’t get big names in, star players usually head out the exit door. Steven Gerrard has already got his move to LA Galaxy arranged, while Jordan Henderson is also being linked with a move away from the club amid interest from Chelsea.

Liverpool have slapped a £50 million price tag on Sterling’s head but will not want to see their young star leave as they look to renegotiate a new contract at the end of the season.

Is Raheem Sterling destined to leave Liverpool this summer? Would Real Madrid be the best move for him?

Real Madrid star issues ‘come get me plea’ to Manchester United

Spanish reports claim Manchester United are to reopen their long-term interest in Real Madrid and Portuguese full-back Fabio Coentrao, and the Portuguese defender is keen on the move.

Coentrao has had another frustrating season so far with Los Blancos, making just seven league appearances, mainly due to fierce competition for places given Madrid’s squad depth.

Coentrao has spoken with Portuguese magazine O Jogo about the possibility of a move to United this summer and has admitted he would be “honoured” to play for the Red Devils.

“I already showed that interest in playing there. It’s one of the best clubs in the world, a club that I admire a lot. It would be an honour to play there,” he said.

Embed from Getty Images

The 27-year-old defender is under contract until 2019 so wouldn’t come cheap but Louis Van Gaal will be looking to broaden his defensive options as United have been hit with injuries this season, keeping big-money signing Luke Shaw out of the side on numerous occasions.

Coentrao possesses the qualities to play as both a left-back and an attacking wing-back in a 3-5-2 formation – a system Van Gaal has used this year, with Ashley Young used in a similar role.

Would Fabio Coentrao be a good signing for Manchester United?